Amazon Prime Day is right around the corner. Amazon’s two-day shopping event will offer a wide range of Prime member-only deals on everything across the marketplace. In fact, Amazon is predicting over a million global Prime Day deals this year. As if that weren’t enough, Prime Day 2019 will last 48 hours, making it the longest Prime Day in Amazon’s history.
When is Prime Day 2019?
Amazon Prime Day 2019 will kick off at midnight on July 15 and run for a full 48 hours, making it 12 hours longer than it was in 2018.
How does Amazon Prime Day work?
There are some things that you’ll want to keep in mind, especially if you are looking for deals on specific products. Last year, Amazon released deals in batches every three hours. This year, some of the promotions are based around six-hour blocks, so it’s possible the company has extended the times each deal will be available to accommodate for the longer event.
What type of Prime Day deals will there be?
- Gold Box Deals of the Day: These are Amazon’s daily deals, and generally for these, the company has plenty of stock to fulfill orders on it all day long. We have seen Gold Box deals sell out in the past, but it’s far less often that these sell out than the other types of deals.
- Lightning Deals: Like an actual bolt of lightning, these deals will come and go fast. On an average day, Lightning deals tend to last for around six hours, but on Prime Day it’s likely that the most popular deals will go in the blink of an eye. You can generally join a waitlist if it sells out, but that won’t guarantee that you will actually get the product.
- Coupon Deals: Many sellers will be offering coupon codes as a way to help people save on Prime Day, and these require a little more work. Some will offer landing pages that automatically clip the coupon code for you, and others will require you to manually enter them during the checkout process. The few seconds of extra work can sometimes save you big, though.
- Direct Price Drops: For a vast majority of deals on Prime Day, you’ll visit the page and the price will just be reduced.
These price drops span all of the categories that Amazon covers. Whether you’re in the market for kitchen appliances or knives, or happen to need a new TV, computer, clothing, or even a new mattress, odds are it will be on sale during Prime Day
How Amazon’s One-Day Shipping can improve Prime Day?
Fast shipping and steep discounts may prove to be a game changer for Amazon this year. The company has offered free 2-day shipping on millions of Prime eligible items for years, but earlier this year Amazon began offering 1-day shipping to Prime members in many areas. The ability to order something and have it show up the next day is just magic, and to be able to save big in the process is going to make buying random things on Prime Day a more fun experience.
How should vendors & sellers prepare for the day?
3 clear Amazon Prime Day benefits for sellers:
- Increase sales, revenue & build brand awareness
- Unload inventory to help avoid long-term storage fees
- Launch NEW products & drive sales velocity
Why is Amazon Prime Day Important to Sellers?
Last year, Amazon Prime Day was a huge success for Amazon and its sellers. In fact, Amazon reported that Prime Day 2018 was their biggest shopping day to date, with more than 100 million items sold in just 36 hours. Additionally, they reported that they had more Prime membership sign-ups than they have ever had in one day. With stats like that, you can see how Amazon sellers can benefit from this huge sales event. It allows you to grow your customer base, increase your brand awareness, and it increases your sales revenue.
How Sellers Can Participate in Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon offers sellers and vendors a few different ways to participate in Prime Day:
- Lightning Deals – Any pre-selected products that meet Amazon’s criteria can be submitted for review to run as Lightning Deals. Lightning deals are promotional discounts that are only available for a limited amount of time.
- Amazon Coupons – Coupons are an excellent option for your products that already have good visibility.
- Deal of the Day – Deal of the Day is a program that is available to vendors only. It’s allows vendors to offer discounts on products for one day only.
Make sure your listings are visible for the most popular searches. Make sure your product listings are optimized and can be seen in the top spots in the Amazon search results.
Refresh your product listings. Make sure that your product information, types of images, and descriptions are all accurate and detailed.
Do a check of all your materials, product listings, inventory audits, etc. to prepare for the day of the event.
Be sure to check in with your hired resources so they know what you expect of them.
Make sure that your top-selling products are set up as Prime eligible.
On Amazon Prime Day
Monitor your sales, put out any potential fires quickly, and set aside time to shop yourself. You may find some great deals on stock to sell later in the year.
Pay yourself on the back – you did it!
As an Amazon seller, you have a lot riding on Prime Day. The results of the event can be huge for sellers, when you’ve created a plan ahead of time and you stick to it. Good luck and happy selling!